Study Introduction: Holy Spirit Series

Welcome to my site.  I hope that the posted studies will encourage you in your journey following Jesus.  Following are some directions about how the studies work.  Each study should take approximately 30 minutes. 

Prayer Prompt:  A way to focus your prayer for the study, pray your own words with the topic in mind. 

Read for Context: Always a must to properly observe and interpret the Scripture we are focusing on for that lesson.

Introduction:  Thoughts by me to start narrowing down the topic to learn about.

Study Verses: Worth a re-read after the general context is read.  These verses will be the ones we take a closer look at.  This is where the observation of the text will occur.  What the Bible says clearly without adding any of our own perspective.

What Does it Mean to Me: Take what you’ve noticed and interpret it for your personal growth, correction, and understanding.

Live it Out:  Take what you’ve learned and respond in a way God directs you.

Meditation: Continue pondering His voice speaking personally into your life.  Consider memorizing a verse that you read today that stands out to you.  This is the Holy Spirit talking to you and gently saying, “pay attention to this.”  It is amazing how our God can make His word dynamic and active in our lives in such a personal,  intimate way.  The directions here won’t change but it’s an important part so I’ll keep it in to remind you to do it each time. 


In general you may look up every verse listed, even if not directed to. Commenting after doing each study is a good way to reach out to other believers.  I always learn more from knowing what other people have heard from the Lord and posting comments will help me to know that someone is doing the work I put out there.  It can also help me in knowing what format is most effective and give me specific ideas to improve my studies. 

I am excited to get to know  you better and learn from you as we go along.
Blessings!
-Rayna

Comments

Missy Rus said…
Okay, I'm off and running. Got a new notebook and I'm ready to learn. I specifically prayed that I would have some feedback for you. Thanks, Rayna! I am looking forward to this quiet time with God's Word.

Popular Posts