Why We See

Johnn 14
22 Judas (not Iscariot) said to him, "Lord, how is it that you will manifest yourself to us, and not to the world?"
23 Jesus answered him, "If anyone loves me, he will keep my word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.
24 Whoever does not love me does not keep my words. And the word that you hear is not mine but the Father's who sent me.

Why us?  

Why do we get to see? 

John 14:17 the Spirit of truth, whom the world cannot receive, because it neither sees him nor knows him. You know him, for he dwells with you and will be in you.

It's about loving Jesus.  When we do, we keep His word and feel the love of the Father.  Inside God makes His home within, with the Spirit, with the Son.  

When we don't love Jesus, we don't keep HIs words.  We don't obey or follow His voice.  

It's all about this question:  do we love Jesus?  

How do we come to love someone we can't see or talk to? I believe God calls, chooses, draws, and whoos us, a divine romance.  But at the begining it just feels like hope.  A message too good to be true.  God gives us a sense of our need for HIm.  This may be the pain of our circumstance or the shame of our sin.  We need to run from ourselves and have no where to go.  No peace, no answers.  

Then we find out about a scandelous trade.  I can give my failured attempts in exchange for 
perfection.  Hope is born.  When it draws us to Jesus, we feel the realiness of HIm.  Our heart is opened up and we know that His reality is greater than any part of the physical world.  He makes us sing and dance for joy.  We discover what life is about and purpose; like our world went from black and white to color.  

That's the way I can desribe the way HIs love shows itself to me today.  

You may know about Jesus, but you may not love HIm.  

To see HIm is to love Him.  It's all about love.  Do you love Jesus?  Do you want to? Then ask Him to manifest Himself to you and open your heart to see HIm, love HIm, abide with HIm.  

It is not too good to be true.  It is all that is true.  He is Truth.  
















Comments

Popular Posts