Purpose

Paul, a servant of Christ Jesus, called to be an apostle, set apart for the gospel of God,
2 which he promised beforehand through his prophets in the holy Scriptures,
3 concerning his Son, who was descended from David according to the flesh
4 and was declared to be the Son of God in power according to the Spirit of holiness by his resurrection from the dead, Jesus Christ our Lord,
5 through whom we have received grace and apostleship to bring about the obedience of faith for the sake of his name among all the nations,
6 including you who are called to belong to Jesus Christ,
7 To all those in Rome who are loved by God and called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
Romans 1:1-7

God's purposes:
  • calls apostles
  • set apart for the gospel
  • brings promises to pass
  • tells us things in His word
  • declares in the power of the Spirit
  • bring about faith in His name
This is my purpose.  To see everyday that my calling is clear.  To be different than the world, preaching with my life.  To trust His word to guide me.  To allow the power of the Spirit to work within me as a witness to myself to increase my faith, and others to show He is to be obeyed.  My aim is always to be living in a way that men would come to faith because I have leaned hard into Him.  

I am a set apart servant, a receiver of grace, a sent one to bring about life change.  I belong to one who was promised beforehand in the Scriptures, the fleshly-descent of the man after God's own heart, declared Son of God as death could not hold Him.  I am included; I belong to Christ.  I am loved by God and grace and peace stream constantly from His throne for me.  

The great epistle of Romans, that has has so much theology, the foundation of so much doctrine in the church, begins by anchoring us to our identity and daily work.  Whenever I read it, let me do so through this lens...

Comments

Popular Posts