Fulfilled

John 18
6 When Jesus said to them, "I am he," they drew back and fell to the ground.
7 So he asked them again, "Whom do you seek?" And they said, "Jesus of Nazareth."
8 Jesus answered, "I told you that I am he. So, if you seek me, let these men go."
9 This was to fulfill the word that he had spoken: "Of those whom you gave me I have lost not one."

Matthew 24
26 The Son of Man goes as it is written of him

54 But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?"

56 But all this has taken place that the Scriptures of the prophets might be fulfilled." Then all the disciples left him and fled.

In the garden, when the hour of darkness had come (Luke 22:53), when the betrayer was among Him, on His mind was to fulfill the scriptures. 

In fact the words He speaks are scripture.  When He says He is the great "I AM" of Exodus in the burning bush (Exodus 3) they fall to the ground. 

There is power in the words of Jesus.  There is power in the words of the scriptures.  

It will be fulfilled.  It will come to pass.  

Matt 5:18 For truly, I say to you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot, will pass from the Law until all is accomplished.

So these powerful words must be read everyday!  

The Father's words are "the commandment is a lamp and the teaching a light, and the reproofs of discipline are the way of life." Proverbs 6:23.  

When in doubt, come to His word.  In need of encouragement, come.  When hungry, confused, scared, listless, wandering, in danger, in any need, go to the source of power in strength.  Like Christ, the scriptures are for the darkest night of the soul.  

He said, and it was and is fulfilled when we come, "I have lost none." Through His word, open to us each day.  

Come.  

Comments

Popular Posts