Devotional-Fully Alive

I'm a runner who hates to run.  I do it because it makes me feel good when I'm done but it's hard work for me.  Yet there are those rare times where I feel good and run with my hands spread wide and my eyes closed for a few seconds, to feel the freedom in trusting what I can't see.  It makes me feel so close to God to run blind.

And daughter of God, there is so many things we can't see and know, yet sometimes He pours His special presence on us and everything makes sense despite the darkness all around.  That is what faith is and the best way  I could explain it to someone who doesn't know Him.  It's not rules, it's romance. 

It is my hope for all who stumble accross my blog that they live a life fully alive.  Aren't you tired of the constant disatisfaction?  Disappointed of all that life is? Aren't you weary of the continual pain? This place is broken. All I know is Christ and Him crusified.  He did it all so we could have abundant life.  Maybe you know Him, a son living like a slave.  Here are some words from an email I sent today to some dear friends.  I hope it encourages you or shows you a new way...


1 Tim 1:5 The aim of my charge is love that issues from a pure heart, a good conscious, and sincere faith.

 

May those three things be present in you in this dark world you walk.  He is a Light and our Path.  The Gate we enter; yes the road is narrow but it is true. 

 

I pray that today finds you fully alive and encouraged that you don’t walk alone.  He is our ever present help in times of trouble.  Remember the witnesses that cheer you on, the ones here on earth and the ones in the heavenly places. 

 

Don’t stop walking…”The essential thing in heaven and earth is that there should be a long obedience in the same direction; there thereby results , and has always resulted in the long run, something that has made life worth living.” – Fredrich Nietzsche

 

For He is our life, the only thing worth anything.  Pick up your feet and make the crooked places smooth.  The King is coming for us!  Let us wait with lamps full of oil for our Bridegroom.  Light in the dark.  Joy in pain.  Purity despite our sin.  We have traded death for life in a scandalous exchange. 

 

May all that holds us back be thrown off with wild abandon as we relentlessly pursuit a life of holiness because of the blood that cover us. 

 


Alive by All Sons & Daughters

 

Forgiven, free, and grateful,

-Rayna

 

Comments

Popular Posts