Wisdomfied part 11-Concern for Others


           


Prepare Your Heart: Read Deuteronomy 7:9, Psalm 31:23, 101:6, Matthew 25:21, 1 Thessalonians 5:24.  As you read the following verses, meditate on how faithful you are to God and others, and how faithful God is to you.



Recently our church started going through the 40 Days of Purpose, a spiritual growth campaign put together by Saddleback Church in California.  Though this program is dated, the spiritual truths contained in it are timeless, as how one grows closer to God never changes.  During a sermon on ministry, our pastor mentioned he would rather have faithful people serving than those that were very skilled.  I have thought a lot about that statement, as the skills and ways that I serve the church are varied. I take care of a lot of the photography needs, sing on the worship team, and in the past, have tried to help with the children’s ministry when the photography needs weren’t so high.  And as those of you reading my blog know, I also enjoy teaching the bible.  I feel blessed that God has gifted me with many things, but have I relied on my gifts in order to be needed by the body?  Am I truly faithful?  How do I react when things get tough?  Because I’m so capable I struggle with remaining encouraged when things don’t go the way I plan.  Sometimes people can’t see those things, but God can see them and knows they are inside me.  I pray that my attitude would be one of grace and remain faithful in spirit as well as action as I serve.



Look up the following verses in the book of Proverbs and take notes on what you learn.



Love and faithfulness

·         3:3,4

·         16:6

·         20:6

·         25:19



Love, hatred, and compassion

·         10:12

·         15:17

·         17:5

·         24:17,18

·         25:21,22



Kindness and mercy

·         11:16,17

·         12:10,25

·         21:10



Overstaying welcome

·         25:16,17



One of the most encouraging things about faithfulness, is when we are lacking, God never gives up on us.  We should be faithful to reflect His character.  And when we are not, He is always steadfast in His involvement in our lives.  I love Hebrews 10, where it quotes Jeremiah 31:33 in verse 16 and read through verse 23. Because he never quits on us, we can have confidence to approach Him because of Christ.  God spoke in Proverbs 3:3,4 to show that someday He would take a faithless people, and make them faithful because of His Spirit inside them.  Ephesians 1:13 calls this state a seal, proven by the Holy Spirit’s presence in our lives.  So whenever you fail, remember that God will never give up on you!  He is faithful not because you are worthy, but because He is perfect.  And desire a faithful reputation, as it reflects God’s character in your life.

Comments

Popular Posts